PRN Registered Nurse Job - Palm Harbor, FLApply Now
Why You'll Love This Job
Comprehensive Home Care is looking for a skilled Registered Nurse providing nursing services within the scope of practice in the respective state and in conformance with agency policies and procedures and the patient’s plan of care. Home Health experience is a must for this position.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and ethics according to agency policy and procedure.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information and all Agency operations.
- Provide nursing services in compliance with agency policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations.
- Perform initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient’s including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments at appropriate time points.
- Initiate the plan of care and revise as necessary in coordination with the physician, the patient and based on the OASIS assessment and the clinical care model.
- Provide nursing services and/or treatments indicated on plan of care.
- Counsel and educate the patient and family on disease process, self-care techniques and prevention strategies.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Document within the electronic medical record the visit performed and all skill provided to include coordination of care, notification of physician and any additional orders obtained
- Coordinate services with other members of the health care team.
- Make referrals to other medical services, as needed.
- Inform the physician and other staff of changes in the patient’s status and or needs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of care.
- Supervise Licensed Practical Nurses/Licensed Vocational Nurses and other paraprofessionals providing services.
- Supervise the provision of personal care provided by the Home Health Aide
- Plan for the patient’s discharge from home health services/and or continued need for care.
- Promote patient and family’s independence from home health care.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, representatives of other departments and community agencies.
- Participate in patient case conferences.
- Participate in Nursing and Administrative On –Call rotation.
- Complete all annual in-service training and competency assessments as required.
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Nursing including participating in performance improvement activities; i.e., record reviews and performance improvement groups.
- Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the respective state.
- One (1) year home health care experience preferred.
- Background screening acceptable to the Agency.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
- Able to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and is detail oriented.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferred.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate in English
Questions about careers?
Click here to contact us!